Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:51:12 -0500
From:      David Alanis <canito@dalan.us>
To:        Christopher Cowart <ccowart@rescomp.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: confusion configuring NAT

Being I am a newcomer to freeBSD, on my first install google turned up
a how to for getting my box on the Internet as a firewall/DHCP/DNS
server. Since, I've been learning the packet filtering program (pf).
Everytime I read a question on ipfw I quickly get confused.

What are the major advantages one over the other? I hope not to sound
biased but pf seems more user friendly, easier to implement, and less
verbose?

David