Date:      Mon, 04 Apr 2011 11:31:05 -0700
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 7-STABLE NFS: fatal: "select lock: Permission denied"

On Apr 4, 2011, at 11:09 AM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> 'k, based on someone else's recommendation, I add 'nolockd' to the mount entry,a nd postfix now appears to work ... since I can safely guarantee that only the one host will have access to these files, that doesn't pose a porblem for me, but still find it a weird issue all things considered :(

Be careful; multiple access from different processes even on a single host can still run into locking issues against NFS filesystems, or data corruption if locking isn't available.  You're most at risk with local delivery to an mbox-style INBOX; delivery to maildir-style INBOX is much safer even on NFS without locking.

Regards,
--
-Chuck