Date:      Wed, 1 Aug 2001 10:45:41 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        Assar Westerlund <assar@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Making glob(3) portable (was Re: Importing lukemftpd)

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 06:32:40AM +0200, Assar Westerlund wrote:
> Mike Heffer has committed this to current.  Should this be MFC-ed
> (before 4.4?).  I would like it to be, but the only reason for not
> doing so is that it's impossible to do so in a totally backwards
> compatible way and the APIs are not supposed to be changed in
> RELENG_4.  Thoughts?

ISTR this having been discussed before, and the general agreement
being that it has not lived in RELENG_4 long enough for people to
really start using it (outside the base system).  Okay, so it has
been in 4.3-RELEASE, but still, I think in this particular case
it would be better to try for compatibility..

G'luck,
Peter

--
I am jealous of the first word in this sentence.