Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:13:25 +1100
From:      "Lachlan O'Dea" <lodea@vet.com.au>
To:        Mikel <mikel@ocsny.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux & glibc support

On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 08:46:05AM -0500, Mikel wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
>     I am working on a rmserver project...and would like to to get it
> going in fBSD...but I need Linux 2.2, and glibc6, so the short of it is
> will this work, or should I bite the bullet and put linux on the box?

libc6 should be ok with the linux_base-6.1 port installed. As for Linux
2.2, I think you should also be ok. It's really impossible to tell
without actually trying it. Since new Linux support goes into
4.0-current first, you'll probably have a better chance of success with
that.

--
Lachlan O'Dea <mailto:lodea@vet.com.au>   Computer Associates Pty Ltd
Webmaster                                   Vet - Anti-Virus Software

"You have controlled your fear...
now release your anger." - Darth Vader