Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:36:31 -0500
From:      Cory Bajus <cbajus@mts.mb.ca>
To:        Ian Barnes <ian@cerebellum.za.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: http proxy

In my /etc/make.conf, I have an entry as follows:

Replace <host> with the hostname of your FTP and WWW proxy server.
You may need to adjust the port setting if your WWW proxy server
does not use port 8080.

You may not require the HTTP_PROXY_AUTH entry if your proxy server
does not require authentication.

Good luck,
Cory.