Date:      Tue, 31 May 2005 10:41:04 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Herv=E9_Kergourlay?= <herve.kergourlay@atempo.com>
To:        Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Rob MacGregor <freebsd.macgregor@blueyonder.co.uk>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Screen Resolution

--------------010506090202040908070300

Makoto Matsushita a écrit :

>> So have I (in fact that's how I started using FreeBSD 5.0).  However
>> the drivers
>> required for their emulated graphics card are only supplied for
>> FreeBSD 4.x with
>> VMWare 4.5.
>

> You can use graphic driver modules
> (${X11}/lib/modules/drivers/vmware_drv.o) that is bundled with recent
> Xorg/XFree86, and it is (ideally) the same one VMware supplies by
> VMware tools for FreeBSD.
>
> No worries, it just works.  Don't forget to set
>     Driver "vmware"
> to Section "Device" in xorg.conf/XF86Config.  You may also set
>     BusID "PCI:0:15:0"
> to "Device" section, but if my memory serves right, it is
> automatically set by driver itself.

I found the vmware driver
I copy the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xorg.conf.eg in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xorg.conf and change the Driver from vga to vmware

activate the line

BusID "PCI:0:15:0"

startx failed

(==) Using config file: "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xorg.conf"
(EE) No devices detected

hervé

--------------010506090202040908070300--