Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:40:57 +0200
From:      Jacques Caron <Jacques.Caron@IPsector.com>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        jetman516@hotmail.com, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How Is Host AP Mode Going ?

Hi,

BTW, are there any plans regarding porting all the updates Jouni made to
the Linux version of hostap (including per-client keys, 802.1X, use of a
user-mode daemon...), etc? Is somebody working on it already?

Alternatively, is anybody working on having a generic "802.11 AP" netgraph
node? This would require the driver to hand over all 802.11 frames to that
node, and would provide equivalent functionality to the above, and probably
more (one hook per association, for instance). One could also imagine an
802.1X netgraph node...

If nobody is working on that, looks like I should try to start finding out
how kernel programming works ;->

Thanks,

Jacques.

At 17:22 19/09/2002, M. Warner Losh wrote:
>In message: <DAV31QfcyYkcOJ5LdiC0001aeca@hotmail.com>
>             "The Jetman" <jetman516@hotmail.com> writes:
>:     I'm curious about the stability of host AP mode, now that it's been
>: out for a few months.  Comments from any users ?  I know I've been using
>: my Orinoco Silver as part of an Internet firewall/gateway for months and
>: have gone as long as two months w/o a reboot, so I'm curious if host AP
>: has become as stable.  Later....Jet
>
>Works for me, but if you have the wrong firmware version you can get
>really strange results.  Also, I don't use WEP, but have other things
>to control access to my network.  You can't use the orinoco card,
>since we don't support it in hostap or ap mode.
>
>Warner

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-mobile" in the body of the message

-- Jacques Caron, IP Sector Technologies
    Join the discussion on public WLAN open global roaming: