Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:19:07 +0200
From:      Daniel Hartmeier <daniel@benzedrine.cx>
To:        beno - <purabachata@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Syntax Error

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 11:42:12AM -0700, beno - wrote:

> > I don't think you can  put a list inside of another list.
>
> You most certainly can nest lists. It works in several examples above. For some reason--and I would like to know that reason--it doesn't work in line #16. Please help.

No, you can't nest lists, as in

  pass ... from { { 10.1.2.3, 10.2.3.4 }, { 10.3.4.5 } }

i.e. {} within {}.

I think a recent commit to -current makes that valid, but it's not in
any release yet, and I doubt there are any examples of it online yet.

If what you meant was building a macro defining a {} list based on other
macros (i.e. nesting macros, not nesting {} lists), see the thread

The syntax is hairy, and duplicating some literals might be the lesser
of two evils.

Daniel