Date:      Fri, 30 May 2014 09:48:27 +0530
From:      Raghu HB <raghu.hb@avagotech.com>
To:        olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>, freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Creating new port

Olli and Michelle,

Thanks a lot, this is what I was looking for (example for the port
creation), I referred simple sysutils/tw_cli port and created new port and
package.

Below are the steps I followed.

STEP1: Created a test port directory /usr/ports/sysutils/testport

STEP2: Created Makefile with below content.

	# $FreeBSD$

	PORTNAME=       testport
	PORTVERSION=    2.1
	CATEGORIES=     sysutils
	MASTER_SITES=   ftp://support.com
	DISTNAME=       testport-2.1

	MAINTAINER=     youremail@example.com
	COMMENT=        test

	ONLY_FOR_ARCHS= amd64

	WRKSRC=         ${WRKDIR}
	NO_BUILD=       yes

	.include <bsd.port.options.mk>

	do-install:

        	@${MKDIR} ${PREFIX}/sbin/test/
        	${INSTALL_PROGRAM}
${WRKSRC}/${DISTNAME}/bin/test/testbinary ${PREFIX}/sbin/test/

	deinstall:
        	@${RMDIR} ${PREFIX}/sbin/test

	.include <bsd.port.mk>

STEP3: Created the tar file testport-2.1.tar.gz and placed the tar file in
/usr/ports/distfiles

	./ testport-2.1
	./ testport-2.1/bin
	./ testport-2.1/bin/test
	./ testport-2.1/bin/test/testbinary

STEP4: Change the directory to /usr/ports/sysutils/testport  and run the
command : make makesum

STEP5: Run the command "make package"
              I can see that the port is created and installed.

STEP6:  try uninstall the port: "make deinstall"

STEP7: Create the package from the port using the below commands and
verify the package.

	pkg_create -b testport-2.1
	pkg_add -f testport-2.1.tbz
	pkg_delete testport-2.1

As I mentioned above I created a test package and which is working fine.
Please suggest if any changes needed or if something is wrong in above
steps.

Now I would say I will create a package for my new application
"finalpackage.tbz".
I would like to know if I can ship the "finalpackage.tbz" file to customer
to use the package on their system for new application?  or it has to be
registered with FreeBSD community?
Please guide us with the future steps to release the application to
customer.