Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:47:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Patrick Thomas <root@utility.clubscholarship.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: resolver workaround conceptually possible ?

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Patrick Thomas wrote:

> Understood.  That's not very painful at all - I assume any new version of
> bind9 will work then.

the newest definitly will

> Is there a reason this workaround couldn't be added to the
> freebsd-security advisory ?  Currently it states there is no workaround,
> and this is a very nice one...

If the security people felt like it, it would probably
be an idea to mention it..
Also, having your own caching forwarding server is usually a good idea on
any site with mor ethan a few machines anyway.

> Also, you meant resolv.conf, right ? (not resolver.conf ?)

yes of course.. :-)
Of course you just need one forwarding server per site not per machine..
(and block outgoing dns requests from all other machines using the
firewall)