Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2000 22:49:30 -0500
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install on DELL Latitude and Xircom CreditCard Ethernet

I am trying to install FreeBSD 3.3 (PAO) on my DELL Latitude XPi over
a network. The problem is that the kernel cannot seem to be able to
find my card. The card is a Xircom CreditCard Ethernet IIps. In the
Win98 that came on the HDD, the Ethernet card occupies IRQ 10 and I/O
0x110 and the PCMCIA slot is IRQ 15, I/O 0x3E0, and the range is
0D0000. Unfortunately, although I have this info, you can't configure
the ex0 device in the kernel setup.

I have two cards in the notebook, the Xircom and a Megahertz Modem
XJ4336. I've swapped the cards and the modem is found when plugged
into either slot, so I think the kernel negotiates the PCMCIA fine.

What do I need to do to be able to use this Ethernet card during the
install? Or am I doing something wrong. Other than the two cards, I
think it's a fairly straight forward DELL Latitude with integrated
sound and IR port sucking up IRQs,  but there should be enough for
both cards.

Kinda frustrating. I was trying to do the install using a parallel
port PPP setup between my notebook and tower last night to no avail.
I figured once I got my Ethernet card it would be a breeze... Well...
*sigh*

Any help appreciated.