Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 16:15:51 +0900
From:      JINMEI Tatuya / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?= <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
To:        Abdul Basit <basit@basit.cc>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG, 6bone@mailman.isi.edu
Subject:   Re: pim6sd crash

>  on freebsd 5.0-Release, pim6sd crashes if i execute
> ifconfig gifX destroy if it is running in background,
> i need to restart it manually.

>  pim6sd display 'check_vif_state' Device not configured
> and exits. any workaround ?

A workaround is not to destroy an interface when pim6sd is running on
the interface.

Note that this kind of trouble is not specific to pim6sd.  Dynamic
interface creation/deletion is a big architectural change to the
traditional BSD kernel, and I bet there are many other applications
affected by such an operation.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.