Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2001 07:10:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/29362: aspell port broken

The following reply was made to PR ports/29362; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To: Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:04:02 -0400

 this was, on the fateful occasion around Aug 31 02:15 -0400,
 sent by Pete Fritchman

 > ++ 31/08/01 00:36 -0400 - parv:
 > | here are the (un)installed files...
 > |
 > | # grep -v '^@' /var/db/pkg/pspell-0.12.2/+CONTENTS | awk '{print "/usr/local/"$0}' | xargs ls -l 2>&1
 > |

 > [ snip files that don't exist but should ]
 >
 > Something is hosed with your pspell install.  Could you pkg_delete -f
 > it, rm -rf work, and send me a complete build/install log (assuming the
 > files don't show up then)?

 thanks pete. it seems 'pkg_delete -f' did it.

 i tried deleting the package earlier w/ & w/o '-d' option which was
 obviously leaving something behind. after force-deleting pspell, above
 awk/ls pipeline shows only/all the installed files w/o any error
 messages.

 ( pete, i have both old & new pspell install logs if you are still
  interested in seeing them. )

 after installing pspell again, aspell 0.33.7 installed/packaged w/o
 any further problems.

 thanks everybody for help & for being patient.

 - parv