Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:44:04 -0800
From:      "tomb" <tomb@securify.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem retreving X components in fbsd 4.0 /stand/sysinstall

Hi,

Just tried to upgrade my desktop toFreeBSD 4.0 .  I get the base bin's and
man pages OK, but when It comes to extracting the XF86 stuff it manages to
get compat22 compat3x then  fails to collect the servers or the fonts and
just hangs with.

Extracting requested distributions or Logging in to ftp@ftp.freebsd.org

Then falls back to the ftp site selection screen.  I thought it might be the
ftp site being overloaded with users so I tried ftp3.us ftp5.us and then
ftp2.us.  The results are similar, with "failure to extract- would you like
to try again" messages.

Sometimes sysinstall core dumps.

I connect ok with ftp manually and can complete the job using mget*

Has this been a problem for anyone else?