Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 1998 13:55:39 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        efb@cotdazr.org
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Security

In a previous message, efb@cotdazr.org said:

> Noticed that there is NO ROOT CRONTAB .. to launch .. Daily,
> Weekly, Monthly, Security jobs .. what is the mechanism and where
> do I affect the mailto .. ??   Thnx /Ev/

FreeBSD crons is a combination of BSD and SYSV. Root's cron jobs
reside in /etc/crontab whereas others (and root could to) have
crontabs in /var/cron/tabs

You'll find daily, weekly and monthly called from /etc/crontab.
Security is called from daily.

--
The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words,
there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but