Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2007 10:46:53 +0700 (ICT)
From:      Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        peter@boosten.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Confused about version

> What should I be running when updating my sources? RELENG_6 or
> RELENG_6_2? Or is there no difference?

I think that right now RELENG_6 and RELENG_6_2 are the same, but when
6.3 comes out, RELENG_6 will be the same as RELENG_6_3 and RELENG_6_2
will be something else.

> When running RELENG_6, how often would I have to make buildworld?

Not sure I understand your question. You buildworld every time you
upgrade your system and need to rebuild your system.

But you may decide that the fix is a minor thing and that you can save
time from rebuilding everything and apply patch manually.

Bests,

Olivier