Date:      Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:02:17 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        bigtruck@ownij.com, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.8-Stable DummyNet

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 05:25, bigtruck@ownij.com wrote:
> After reading I became more confused than before.  Should I share the link
> as a whole to all 64 client machines OR should I set a fixed BW for all
> client machines.  Are there other websites out there that can help with
> this?
>
> Also if and when I do find a working pipe/queue config do I put it before
> the natd via rl0 command or after?

I think you'd be best off making pipes for each machine..

I use dummynet pipes at home to limit my TCP traffic to prevent my pings from
going bad when someone downloads or uploads.

eg ->
# Rate limit out going TCP
${fwcmd} pipe 1 config bw 1kbyte/sec queue 10kbytes
${fwcmd} add pipe 1 tcp from any to any out via tun0

# Limit incoming TCP
${fwcmd} pipe 2 config bw 5kbyte/sec queue 10kbytes
${fwcmd} add pipe 2 tcp from any to any in recv tun0

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5