Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 15:38:42 -0500
From:      "Francis Abella" <abellaf@allcet.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How do I move my server?

Hey all!

I have to move from one coast to another (U.S.) and am scared s@#tless about
moving my server.

I've a hand-me-down Compaq Proliant 1600 with 4 hot-swappable drives running
FreeBSD 3.4.

I'm sure many of you have moved your computers before, but this is my first
time.  Does anyone have any insight to what to specifically do and watch out
for?

Is there some sort of park utility for the hard drives?

Should I pull the hard drives before shipping the server?

Does anyone have any experience with either Fedex or UPS and have any
recommendations on either?  or should I try to check "my baby" on as luggage
with me?

I've done a complete dump of all the info on my hard drives, but am clueless
as to the next step!

Please help!

TYIA

abellaf@allcet.com