Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 23:25:26 -0700 (MST)
From:      todd <todd@portal.vegasunderwater.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq 3200 Smart Raid Controller support.

I am having a problem with large files.  Mainly any large tar files. tar ends with the following error

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--format violated
tar: Unexpected EOF on archive file
tar: child returned status 1

I think I am getting errors with the ida driver on my system.  Here is my configuration

Compaq 3000 w/dual-pII450 and 1gig of memory.
Compaq 3200 Smart Raid controller.
3 10k rpm 18gb hard drives configured as a raid 5.

I have upgraded the os and kernel to freebsd 3.2-STABLE as it has support for the raid array.  I did this via a full make world.

Any ideas on a solution or a recomendation for a more supported raid controller would be very appreciated.