Date:      Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:54:14 +0100
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        Paul Schenkeveld <freebsd@psconsult.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tplink TL-WR1043ND access point is now ready (was Re: svn commit: r227926 - head/sys/mips/conf)

Am 30.11.2011 um 10:42 schrieb Paul Schenkeveld:

> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 03:47:56PM +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>> And with this particular commit, all the bits needed to get
>> FreeBSD-HEAD running natively on this unit are now in the tree.
>>=20
>> The process is documented here:
>>=20
>> http://code.google.com/p/freebsd-wifi-build/wiki/TpLinkTLWR1043ND
>=20
> Hi Adrian, this is great work it think!  I've been looking for =
something
> like this for a long time and I'm now about to buy a TL-WR1043ND to =
try
> it out, I've successfully built and image that's now sitting ans =
waiting
> for hardware in my /tftpboot!
>=20
> One question, hopefully not too silly, is there any way of reverting
> a TL-WR1043ND back to it's original firmware after installing FreeBSD
> on it?  I.e., can I somehow upload the contents of flash to my tftp
> server before I download the FreeBSD image?

The OpenWrt wiki page explains how to revert back to the original =
firmware.
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd

TP-LINK make the firmware available for download on their site, so you =
don't need to save the one that's in the flash.
=
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=3DTL-WR1043ND&version=3D=
V1#tbl_j

At this time, it is highly recommended to have a serial console cable =
soldered to the router.  Again, the OpenWrt wiki has information on =
that.

Stefan

--=20
Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811