Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:48:15 +1030
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Stefan Jagger <stefan@thinki.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I lost ten percent of my disk space in the freebsd file system,why?

--DXTueXWT3Da08pik

On Saturday, 11 December 2004 at  6:09:35 +0200, Stefan Jagger wrote:

>> I lost ten percent of my disk space in the freebsd file system,why?
>
> Could it be logfiles not setup properly, i.e web/ftp logs.
>
> Check in /var/log to see if theres anything suspicous

Sorry to pick on you, Stefan, but since I've sent a couple of messages
out today pointing to the correct forum to ask questions, and you
chose to ignore it.  You've also given a clear example of *why* it's a
bad idea to answer questions here:

You're wrong.  Most people on this list are newbies, so that's not
overly surprising.  There's no shame in being wrong, but this list is
archived.  If you disseminate incorrect information on this list,
people will find it in the archives and believe it.

Haixiao got his correct reply on -questions (brief summary: it's not a
bug, it's a feature).

Greg

--DXTueXWT3Da08pik

--DXTueXWT3Da08pik--