Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:28:46 +0200
From:      Mathieu Arnold <mat@mat.cc>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   is src/UPDATING up to date

Hi

I was twiddling with my yesterday's current, I was trying to make release
to see how things were going, and I saw at the top of UPDATING that :

        In addition, IDE write caching is currently disabled by default
        due to on-going concerns about disk write order and file system
        integrity.  Re-enabling write caching can substantially improve
        performance.

I looked at ata(4), told me about hw.ata.wc, which was supposed to be
enabled by default, and it was, so, my question is, is the comment above
still true, and how do I enable write cache if it is, if it's not true any
more, maybe it should be removed.

--
Mathieu Arnold