Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 11:50:56 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramidi@otenet.gr>
To:        Lee Mark Mercado <leemark@servesyndicate.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 12:17:23PM -0700, Lee Mark Mercado wrote:
| is there a way that i could use the smtp of my freeBSD box if im using a
| different ISP from it and also has a dynamic IP address ?
|
| need info... thx !

Are you using the same ISP all the time?
If yes, you only have to masquerade your outgoing email as coming from a valid
email address that your ISP relays mail from.

If not, i.e. you are constantly switching between various ISPs, you have to
make sendmail relay your outgoing mail to the MX of the current ISP every time
you connect to the net.  I had done this when I was switching between three or
four ISPs to check which one works for me, by writing a custom /etc/ppp/ppp-up
shell script that modified sendmail.cf on the fly and restarted sendmail when
I connected to my ISP.  If thats what you want, I can dig my backups and find
it for you :)

--giorgos