Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 2003 06:01:23 +0200
From:      "Lasse Ulvund" <sartan@online.no>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Using vr - driver from 4.8 on 4.7

Hi..

I'm trying to utilize an onboard Via Rhine III chip in freebsd, using =
the "vr" - driver, it works in 4.8, but not 4.7.. seems 4.7 only =
supports Via Rhine I and II chips. Is there a way to get the onboard lan =
working under 4.7 with the drivers from 4.8 ?. If so, how would I go =
about doing that ?.

The reason I need to run FreeBSD 4.7, is that this machine is using a =
Highpoint RockedRaid 133-adapter, and highpoints latest driver will only =
install under 4.7.

The computer has no spare slots (1u-rack), so I can't install any =
alternative NIC's.

Regards,
Lasse