Date:      Sat, 28 Apr 2001 21:37:18 -0500
From:      David W.Chapman Jr. <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
To:        ports@freeBSd.org
Cc:        marcel@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux_base

I'm in the process of upgrading linux_base to redhat 7.1, I am almost done
with the i386 version, but noticed a few things.  It appears that redhat 7.x
doesn't seem ot have alpha versions of the rpms, atleast not on any mirrors I
could connect to, so what should be done about that?  Also as for XFree86, I
used the Xfree86-4 rpm, but when I use the linux_mesa3 in the ports system or
the one that goes with redhat 7.1 it only draws the structures(not sure of
the technical term) without textures, basically it looks like an unrendered
autocad drawing.  Any input would help me greatly.  Currently unreal
tournament runs a lot faster in software render than opengl, and I was
hopeing by upgrading linux_base this might fix my problem.