Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2013 16:48:22 +0100
From:      CeDeROM <cederom@tlen.pl>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Bernhard_Fr=C3=B6hlich?= <decke@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 9.1 AMD64 multitasking efficiency low

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Bernhard Fr=C3=B6hlich <decke@freebsd.org>=
 wrote:
> You can try to switch to emulators/virtualbox-ose-legacy which is
> VirtualBox 4.1.x
> just to rule out that this is a vbox regression. Just be sure to power
> down the VMs
> first.
> It would be interesting to watch if the machine starts to swap when that =
is all
> running.

Hello Bernhard, thank you for your hints, I can try with VBox 4.1, but
first I will try to get rid of the Ext2 from my system. On another
machine I have switched to UFS2 and the speed increased noticably. I
will let you know when I transfer all of those GB of data :-)

Yes it looks like the cause of the hangup is the swap rush/deadlock
but I could not verify it as the machine was unresponsive. Still both
machines use 1GB of RAM per VM so still 2GB should be free. With other
applications running and the OS taking 1GB itself (what I have seen on
some other posts) this may happen :-(

Best regards :-)
Tomek

--=20