Date:      Tue, 09 Jun 1998 20:41:36 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        flygt@sr.se
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Yet another compile error

In article <19980605084347.08598@sr.se>, Gunnar Flygt  <flygt@sr.se> wrote:

> Yes, but I told you my machine is behind a firewall, so I can't cvsup.
> Otherwise I would have done that a long time ago. No one would be more happy
> than me these days if I could use cvsup.

Hey, I would be pretty happy if you could use CVSup.  I want
_everybody_ to use it. :-) Can't you persuade your firewall
administrator to permit you to make an outbound connection to port
5999 of one specific machine?  That's all you need, if you use "-P m"
on the cvsup command line.

Another possibility is to tunnel using ssh, as described in cvsup(1).
But you need a login account on the CVSup server host to do that.