Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 1997 19:31:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Shawn Ramsey <shawn@luke.cpl.net>
To:        spork <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Small contained news server

> For ease of use and performance, you can't beat DNEWS.  It costs money
> though, but we've found the time saved coddling INN was more than worth
> it.  We ditched INN about 3 months ago, and have been running dnews
> with no problems.  It pulls in about 5-7 articles per second.  Check out
> www.netwinsite.com.

Don't want to start a news flame war.. but INN 1.7 works just great. Since
upgradng from an unpatched INN 1.5.1 which was crashing every few _hours_,
it hasnt crashed since. The only real maintenance I have to do is watching
the availabe disk space as it has ONLY 20G :)

Oh, btw this is INN-1.7.insync, which is a version of INN which has a few
patches configured in.. compiles very easily on FreeBSD.