Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:00:32 -0500
From:      "Peter Brezny" <pbrezny@purplecat.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kldload clarification needed.

I'm working on getting MPD-Netgraph working on a 4.2-stable system running
at kern_securelevel="2"

Someone suggested that I needed to load some kernel modules first.

Using kldstat on a system with functioning mpd-netgraph
(kern_securelevel="-1") i determined that I need to load these modules

 3    1 0xc0f2c000 3000     ng_socket.ko
 4    7 0xc0f31000 8000     netgraph.ko
 5    1 0xc0f3c000 3000     ng_iface.ko
 6    1 0xc0f42000 6000     ng_ppp.ko
 7    1 0xc0f4a000 4000     ng_bpf.ko
 8    1 0xc0f50000 4000     ng_vjc.ko
 9    1 0xc0fbb000 3000     ng_tty.ko
10    1 0xc0fc0000 3000     ng_async.ko

(the system in the higher secure level is missing the last two modules when
trying to run netgraph).

However, I don't know the proper way to load these modules before the system
is raised to a higher level.

I found in the archives a command

kldload

But what's the proper place to put this?  rc.conf?

TIA for your help, and if i'm barking up the wrong tree, i'd love for
someone to throw me a bone.

Peter Brezny
purplecat.net