Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2001 18:16:38 -0400
From:      Jim Mock <jim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        James Noble <james_akeldama@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ftp password

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 at 14:52:21 -0700, James Noble wrote:
> could i get some type of username and password so that i may get into
> the  ftp site to download some of the books (documentation)thanks for
> freebsd!; i use freebsd, linux and beos

Erm, what?  If you want the books, you have to buy them (well, which the
exception of the handbook -- that can be downloaded or read online), but
if you're talking about The Complete FreeBSD or The FreeBSD Corporate
Networker's Guide, you're not going to find it on the FTP site.  You
have to buy them.

You can find the handbook at http://www.FreeBSD.org/handbook/

You also don't need a login and password to get on the FTP site -- it's
anonymous FTP, so I have no idea what the hell you're talking about...

- jim

--
- jim mock <mij@osdn.com> - O|S|D|N - open source development network -
- http://www.freebsdzine.org/ - jim@freebsdzine.org - jim@FreeBSD.org -