Date:      Fri, 4 Jul 2008 17:26:50 +0800
From:      ProAce <proace@gmail.com>
To:        "Kris Kennaway" <kris@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is it reliable to increase the MAXCPU in param.h ?

Testing Report:

Server: HP DL785G5 , AMD Opteron 8356 * 8 ( 32 cores ) , 16G RAM
DB: PostgreSQL 8.3.3 ( install from ports , default option )
Test tool: super-smack ( install from ports )
Disk: 146G SAS * 2 ( RAID 1 on HP P400 )

OS kernel: Just change the 4BSD to ULE , and increase the MAXCPU to 32.
PGSQL's config : default postgresql.conf
super-smack's source: default source file & data

command: repeat 10 super-smack -d pg select-key.smack [# of client] 10000
And I calculate the average of the 10 results for each execution.

# of client  |  query per sec.
====================
01   |   5829
02   |   10663