Date:      Sat, 6 Jul 2002 22:12:13 +0200
From:      Yann Berthier <yb@sainte-barbe.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD4.6-stable /dev/wi0 problem - Toshiba Laptop

On Sat, 06 Jul 2002, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> In message: <20020706052419.GD3321@laptop.lambertfam.org>
>             Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org> writes:
> : I'll start the update process now just to make sure a problem hasn't
> : crept in since then.
>
> -current since Julian's KSE-iii integration has been a scary place.
>
> However, I've merged most of what is in -current's pccard code into
> stable on my machine.  I think that the following patch will work for
> people, but I've only had time to give it light testing and have been
> changing it enough that others should test it.  It merges everything
> from -current except for the Manufacturer ID stuff that was added and
> needs a couple of tweaks before it is ready for -stable.
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/topic-patch.20020706
>
> This means you should be able to use it with PCI interrupts.
>
> Also, if you have a Sony laptop and have experienced hangs with PCI
> interrupts on boot, please give these patches a test.  I think they
> will help you too since they changes some bogusness relating to power
> that could cause a hang.
>
> Lemme know how these work.  I hope to merge them soonish to -stable.

   Hmm, I have the same problem here: "wi0: watchdog timeout" on my
   Toshiba laptop under -CURRENT (kernel from today, I'm syncing the
   world right now). This is an embedded card on a Tecra 8200:

   wi0 at port 0x240-0x27f irq 7 slot 0 on pccard0
   wi0: 802.11 address: 00:02:2d:13:0a:00
   wi0: using Lucent Embedded WaveLAN/IEEE
   wi0: Lucent Firmware: Station 6.14.01

   (FYI, the ppc device in disabled in the bios, and I tried every IRQ
   available)

   The card is tagged as associated with its access point, though I
   can't use it.

   I think I tried all that I can think about (IRQs, hw.pcic.intr_path,
   and so on) without success. Anyway, I never had this card working
   under -CURRENT (from DP1 to now). *

   Warner, do you want more information ? I would be very happy to have
   my card working for the next BlackHat / Defcon :)

   - yann