Date:      Sat, 31 May 2014 01:44:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: databases/mariadb55-server fails to package with oqgraph option

>After doing all of this your my.cnf id empty (unless you tune more, which
>usually makes sense on a production system) and your /etc/rc.conf contains:
>mysql_enable="YES"
>mysql_limits="YES"
>mysql_pidfile="/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid"
>mysql_args="--skip-innodb --socket=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
--log-error=/var/log/mysql.log"

That's beautiful man, thanks!

* What does "mysql_limits=YES" do?
* What is Mutex vs Spinlock? As I understand, one is older (thus slower)
than the other? Is the question pointless if not using InnoDB?
* Disabling InooDB did not work as planned (failed to start, log below). It
also re-created <aria_log.00000001 \ aria_log_control> despite having
deleted those files. Should I just leave InnoDB alone? If so, does it make
any sense to redirect the InnoDB-related files to a restricted / more
protected folder?
mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/db/mysql
[Note] Plugin 'InnoDB' is disabled.
[ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage engine: InnoDB
[ERROR] Aborting
[Note] /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Shutdown complete
mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid ended

Thanks again & Regards.

-----
FreeBSD-11-current_amd64_root-on-zfs_RadeonKMS