Date:      Sun, 25 Mar 2001 13:50:02 -0600
From:      Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
To:        Larry Librettez <lipshitz909@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can linux swap partition be used as freebsd swap?

What about adding a newfs command to the startup scripts? I think
FreeBSD can use any filesystem for swap, as long as the filesystem is
recognized by the kernel. Since linux swap is definitely not recognized,
you can newfs it as UFS on every boot. Then, from linux, you would
mkswap in the bootscripts.

Make sure this is done before the swap is mounted, though.

--
Andrew Hesford
ajh3@chmod.ath.cx