Date:      Fri, 02 Nov 2001 10:46:22 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>
To:        walter@pelissero.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make clean

>  > On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 01:11:10PM +0000, Walter C. Pelissero wrote:
>  > > Wouldn't make sense if Makefile in /usr/ports directory had
>  > > NOCLEANDEPENDS=yes set by default?

We just covered this a couple weeks ago. The fastest way to clean your
ports directory is:

find /usr/ports -type d -name work | xargs rm -r

There is no point in "optimizing" make clean in /usr/ports because no
matter how much more efficient you make it, you still have to deal with
a lot of make overhead that can be avoided using the above method.

Doug
--
    "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail."
	- George W. Bush, President of the United States