Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 02:33:23 +0200
From:      "Leif Neland" <leifn@neland.dk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Making an usefull bootable cd

I have discovered the convenience of bootable cd's instead of slow =
floppies.

I can make a cd with the 2.88MB boot.flp image, which boots perfectly =
and fast, but what to do with the rest of the space?
I tried adding all the /(s)bin directories, /dev and /etc, but besides I =
missed all the shared libs, it appeared that all files were put in the =
same dir.

I did mkisofs -b boot.flp -o /c/fbsd.iso /etc /dev /bin /usr/bin =
/usr/sbin (etc, from memory), then burned the image from windows.

I probably want to create a version of the "2. live filesystem cdrom" as =
mentioned in /stand/sysinstall

How do I make such a thing, is a recipy or an image available somewhere?

I'm not subscribed to this list; I have enough to keep up with -current, =
so please cc to me at leifn@neland.dk

Leif