Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 16:23:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        ZorkLord <zorklord@xtreme.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What version?

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, ZorkLord wrote:

>FreeBSD,
>
>        Sorry, me again.  I decided to buy the CD from Walnut Creek,
>        do I want Version 2.2.8 or 3.0??

If you aren't running a server I would recommend using 3.0. Some might
argue with me because 3.0 is newer, but it works great for me.

If you are worried about stability use 2.2.8.

Please note that when unix folk talk about stability they use an entirely
different scale of comparison than Windows folk. What is unacceptable to
us is thousandfold improvement to Windows. This is no boast. FreeBSD is
that good.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/