Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:50:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      William Melanson <wjm@gate.net>
To:        Richard Storey <storey.r@worldnet.att.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Info sources

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Richard Storey wrote:

%
% hi
%
% a few days ago i installed FBSD 2.2.8 on an old box just to learn unix--fbsd
% seemed like the best choice.  I have a book, Unix Unleashed (SAMS, 3 ed.)
% but i often find that things in fbsd aren't exactly like the way they are in
% the book, i.e., the book speaks a lot to sys v, aix, linux, irix, but not
% fbsd.
%
% Has anyone read the book, The Complete Free BSD?  Is it very comprehensive
% as to fill in the gaps where a generic unix book falls short?  Also, is
% there some place where i can find a detailed description of all ports,
% meaning what each pgm does?
%
% thanks
%
% rs

Hi Richard,

The Complete FreebSD (3rd edition) is a must have for all bsd enthusiasts.
I as well as many others look towards that book as the bsd bible. It truly
is a must-have whereas all your freebsd questions will most certainly be
answered. The Complete FreeBSD book in conjunctions with the online
handbook/tutorials/faq's at www.freebsd.org as well as this mailing list
will leave 99.9% of all questions unanswered.

- enjoy