Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 12:00:48 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>
Cc:        Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TI1225 + ORINOCO aka WaveLAN IEEE 802.11 11Mb

In message <200005311722.KAA14111@whistle.com> Doug Ambrisko writes:
: etc.  Also the 1410 only has one slot.  Warner, we need to think about
: how to deal with one slot adapter.  I've started to look at the code.

Must be somethign special to your controller.  My one slot adapter (on
my VAIO) works great.

: As soon as I put in a card the machine hangs solid.  Currently
: I have it in polling mode.  I've played with it a bit and have tried
: to get some things to work and sometimes they do and sometimes they
: don't.  Fortunately USB works fine so I have an USB Ethernet adapter
: plugged into when I need it on the net.

OK.

: Does anyone know how the PCI mem attribute should be setup?  I stole
: the value shown under Win98 and stuck it in there.  Then I was able
: to read sane values for Cardbus Socket registers & ExCa.  FreeBSD
: may have to set them up if the BIOS doesn't.

No.  I'm not sure where.  I think that this may be a job for PCIBIOS.

Warner