Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:08:00 GMT
From:      "Kave p.Ram" <hotkaveh@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   memory management in BSD

Hi !

I have a question on memory management in FreeBSD .
suppose i write a bogus piece of software which just allocates
about 5 Mb of memory without freeing it later .

if i run this software 10 times then I have allocated totally about
50 Mb of available memory. (but not at once)

my question is : if a dumb person like me forget to free the allocated
memory dedicated to this piece of code , how does the system (after the end
of execution ) knows that those memory areas that this software used is free
to reuse ?

thanx for any suggestion :-)
/kave