Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:45:26 EDT
From:      Jwhtencate@aol.com
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   uninstall ?

--part1_24.18a52ce8.28c10b16_boundary

Hi,
Most of my commands do not work anymore.
During the booting I see
chflags: not found
chown not found
cd: can't cd to /var/run
cd can't cd to  /var/spool/lock
/etc/rc: cannot create /var/run/desmg.boot:directory nonexistent
Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:

Anyway, it used to be all fine.
Do I have to reinstall FreeBSD?  How do I do that?
The same install process from CD says FREEBSD is already installed.
Can I un-install FreeBSD ??

Please, help me out.
Can't find anything in the documentation.

Thanks,

JanTencate
Virginia
USA

--part1_24.18a52ce8.28c10b16_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Hi,
<BR>Most of my commands do not work anymore.
<BR>During the booting I see
<BR>chflags: not found
<BR>chown not found
<BR>cd: can't cd to /var/run
<BR>cd can't cd to &nbsp;/var/spool/lock
<BR>/etc/rc: cannot create /var/run/desmg.boot:directory nonexistent
<BR>Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:
<BR>
<BR>Anyway, it used to be all fine.
<BR>Do I have to reinstall FreeBSD? &nbsp;How do I do that?
<BR>The same install process from CD says FREEBSD is already installed.
<BR>Can I un-install FreeBSD ??
<BR>
<BR>Please, help me out.
<BR>Can't find anything in the documentation.
<BR>
<BR>Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>JanTencate