Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 16:12:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <gollucci@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Lorin Lund <lorin_lund@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: apache13-php3 on FreeBSD 4.0

To install it download these the follow the instructions in the INSTALL
file in the mod_ssl directory.

 o    Package:      Apache
      Version:      1.3.x
      Reason:       The webserver base package on which all is based
      Homepage:     http://www.apache.org/
      Tarball:      apache_1.3.x.tar.gz
      Location:     SF, USA
      Author(s):    The Apache Group <apache@apache.org>
      Type:         MANDATORY

   o  Package:      mod_ssl
      Version:      2.6.x
      Reason:       The interface module for Apache
      Homepage:     http://www.modssl.org/
      Tarball:      mod_ssl-2.6.x-1.3.x.tar.gz
      Location:     Zurich, Switzerland, Europe
      Author(s):    Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com>
      Type:         MANDATORY

   o  Package:      OpenSSL
      Version:      0.9.x
      Reason:       The library which implements SSL/TLS
      Homepage:     http://www.openssl.org/
      Tarball:      openssl-0.9.x.tar.gz
      Location:     Zurich, Switzerland, Europe
      Author(s):    The OpenSSL Project <openssl@openssl.org>
      Type:         MANDATORY

   o  Package:      RSAref
      Version:      2.0
      Reason:       Deprecated RSA library for US citizens
      Homepage:     -
      Tarball:      rsaref20.tar.Z
      Location:     Netherlands (because no longer distributed by RSA DSI)
      Author(s):    RSA DSI
      Type:         OPTIONAL (only mandatory for US-citizens)

   o  Package:      MM
      Version:      1.1.x
      Reason:       The portable library for shared memory in Apache/EAPI
      Homepage:     http://www.engelschall.com/sw/mm/
      Tarball:      mm-1.1.x.tar.gz
      Location:     Zurich, Switzerland, Europe
      Author(s):    Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com>
      Type:         OPTIONAL

   o  Package:      GZip
      Version:      1.2.4
      Reason:       To unpack the above tarballs
      Homepage:     http://www.gnu.org/
      Tarball:      gzip-1.2.4.tar.Z
      Location:     USA
      Author(s):    Free Software Foundation (FSF)
      Type:         MANDATORY

   o  Package:      Perl
      Version:      5.004 or 5.005
      Reason:       To configure OpenSSL and for APXS tool in Apache
      Homepage:     http://www.perl.com/
      Tarball:      perl5.00x.tar.gz
      Location:     USA
      Author(s):    Larry Wall
      Type:         MANDATORY

Philip M. Gollucci
E-mail      : gollucci@wam.umd.edu
	      Philip@p6m7g8.com
Phone       : 301.249.6261
Major       : Computer Science
	      Electrical Engineering
Current Job : Co Science, Discovery, & the Universe Webmaster