Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 19:58:14 +0300
From:      "Andrey Simonenko" <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot menu

Try to use UNILOAD. You can just test how it works without installation on
your hard disk, just run install.exe and install on floppy, then boot from
floppy and if works, you can install it on your hard disk. Please run
install.exe from floppy too when you will install UNILOAD on your hard disk,
because if something goes wrong your can restore changed sectors by the same
install.exe program. You can download UNILAOD from
http://www.simon.org.ua/uniload/

This bootloader will not require to press F1, F2, etc. from you, you will be
able to select needed boot sector (4 hard disks are supported, so 16 boot
sectors are supported) with easy menu, it understands about 50 file systems,
supports password protection, supports LBA packet interface, time delay
boot.

I think that it is better than boot manager your described below.