Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 18:24:47 -0600 (CST)
From:      Michael Borowiec <mikebo@Mcs.Net>
To:        SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Securing the FreeBSD console

Steve, et al. -
> >Of course, physical access is everything. That's fundamental... However,
> >xlock is SUPPOSED to provide a modicum of security. Otherwise it's just a
> >screen saver, and then what's the point of it requiring a password?!

Uhhh... apparently I've pissed people off somehow - either by something
I said, or the way I said it. If this is the case, I'm sorry. In no way
did I mean to disparage anyone or suggest that I expected the group here
to cater to me.

I am an avid FreeBSD user; have used it since 386BSD. I think the
purpose of the questions list is to be a forum for discussing technical
facts about the OS, but also to float suggestions on how a great OS can
be made better. We won't all always agree on these things, or on how
the OS should ship on the CDs - but that doesn't make me a bad guy
(moron, newbie, scrotum head, or any of the names I was called today).

I still believe that the three-finger salutes should be disabled by
default - but that's just one person's opinion. If I can contribute to
the effort by documenting these holes, great! If someone would be so
kind as to point me to the procedure for formatting and submitting the
the documentation, I'll help out.

I'll just go cry in my pretzels now... <sniff>. :v)
- Mike