Date:      	Sun, 08 Mar 1998 23:29:17 -0700
From:      "Tyler Ripley" <cyberchip@mailcity.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installation Question

I am trying to install FreeBSD over a PPP, FTP internet connection, and I'm stuck
at the hard drive partition section.  When I upgraded my hard drive a while back,
I already partitioned my hard drive.  There is a limitation with DOS, that it will
only allow 2.1GB per partition.  So I partitioned my C drive for 2.1GB, and a D drive
for 500MB.  (I bought a 2.6GB hard drive).  Now I want to install FreeBSD on the
D drive, but I cannot lose the data on the C drive.  When I got to the partition
question I was lost.  I don't know what sectors go where, and what partition type
they are.  Is there a quick and easy way to discern how I would go about installing
FreeBSD onto the 500MB D drive?  Your help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

Tyler Ripley
cyberchip@mailcity.com

Get your FREE, private e-mail
account at http://www.mailcity.com