Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:58:13 +0200
From:      Stanislav Grozev <tacho@daemonz.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: My postgresql7 not working for new gcc

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 07:02:14AM -0700, Terry Lambert wrote:
> Stanislav Grozev wrote:
> That's ugly.

well, i _did_ mention that it's a messy and a temporary solution,
but at least it gets postgresql (and many others) to compile and run
fine.

> Since it's jamming in includes anyway:
>
>               By using both `-nostdinc' and `-I-', you can  limit
>               the include-file search file to only those directo-
>               ries you specify explicitly.
>
> e.g.: you should be able to get it to work with warnings fully
> enabled, and explicit use of system include paths in the Makefile.
>
> This might be a more permanent fix...

I agree... but still I don't see the point in that warning, which is useless
(IMHO) in 99% of the cases (normal development) and in the 1% where it is
usefull (gcc devel, libc, etc.) the people doing it already know their
stuff and know what they're doing. but I digress...

> -- Terry

-tacho
--
[a lie is my shield] | [http://daemonz.org/ || tacho@daemonz.org]
0x44fc3339 || [02b5 798b 4bd1 97fb f8db 72e4 dca4 be03 44fc 3339]