Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:31:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Shane Hale <merlyn@dreaming.org>
To:        Donny Lee <donny@corebit.com>
Cc:        Peter Kok <cckok00@hotmail.com>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Roger cable modem in Canada

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Donny Lee wrote:

> Peter Kok wrote:
>
>   As I'm also trying the same thing, here is what I go so far...
>
> > If yes, do I do the following steps:
> > 1/ install 2 network cards in Freebsd

	Prolly your best Idea if you on;y have one IP, though you can get
more.

>   I install only one, connected to a hub, and the cable
>   and local PCs connected to the same hub.
>
> > 2/ routing setting
>
>   this is what I'm suffering, and natd ....   :)
>
> > but how do I know the IP assigned by 'Roger' to me?
>
>   try specify the NIC with:
>
>   ifconfig_xx0="DHCP"

	Ping your CR number, you'll get your ip address.

	IE: ping cr8070741-a.bloor1.on.wave.home.com

Though it's supposed to be DHCP, i've always had problems with it, and
actually had rogers suggest that I assign it staticly

> --
> // Donny

Shane Hale