Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 04:33:22 -0500
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <hornback@wireco.net>
To:        "Andrew Hesford" <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: What name brand would you buy for a firewall/router ?

Andrew,

	That's not too uncommon a practice (i.e. not putting fans on early
Pentiums).  I've worked on a number of Packard Bell systems (including those
up to 133 MHz) and the early ones did not have fans on the heatsinks, but
they did have fans blowing across the heatsinks.

	And why are ISA cards so "evil"?  Remember, you're talking to the guy
looking for an EISA 10/100 for his file server... *Grins*

	As far as PCI NICs go, I'm telling you... the SMC 9432TX is the best card
I've ever worked with.  *stands proudly atop a pile of RMA'd 3Com PCI NICs*

--- Andy