Date:      Wed, 9 Jun 1999 19:31:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Mike P Dungan;951;icsg1;" <mpd6334@cs.rit.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   modem problems

using 3.2-R, I am not able to get my modem working. The relevent dmesg
output:

sio2: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0x400
sio2 at 0x3e8-0x3ef irq5 on isa
sio: type 16550A

the last time i used my modem, i was still using 2.2.7-R. I have tried
using several irqs, and disabled every unnecessary device. Was something
changed between 2.2.7-R and 3.2-R that I haven't noticed? I was on a LAN
all year at school, and hence have not needed a modem.

thanks,

Mike