Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 2001 15:49:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
To:        danh@gelatinous.com
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mpd problem / multiple pptp clients behind one nat

danh@gelatinous.com writes:
> Let's say my network is set up this way:
>
> client1---------------\
> client2                \
> client3                freebsd gw + natd --- internet -- freebsd machine
>                                                          running
>                                                          mpd-netgraph
> client4               /
> client5 etc...-------/

You forgot that the rest of the world uses 8 character tabs instead
of four.. ASCII art repaired above compliments of "expand -4" :-)

> I want more than one of the client machines to connect to a vpn,
> with mpd-netgraph running on the vpn server.
>
> This works fine for just one client, but if more than one client
> tries to connect, it fails or the client already connected
> loses connection.

This is a known issue.. from "man libalias":

BUGS
     PPTP aliasing does not work when more than one internal client connects
     to the same external server at the same time, because PPTP requires a
     single TCP control connection to be established between any two IP ad-
     dresses.

Fixing it would require a non-trivial amount of work in libalias.

-Archie